- Student SFI Bursaries
- Student French Embassy Bursaries
- Early Stage Researcher Bursaries
- Registration Conditions
- Visa Invitation Letter
- Conference anti-harassment policy
- iFM Copyright Form
Thanks to funding from Science Foundation Ireland (SFI) we will be awarding a number of student bursaries to support student participation in iFM, FMICS and PhD-iFM. The bursaries will be awarded on a competitive basis. SFI funded bursaries may cover student registration fees and a contribution towards travel costs.
The eligibility criteria are that applicants must be a full-time or part-time student (confirmed by a letter from their supervisor). Priority will be given to those who have a presentation accepted at the conference events. Applications for the bursary are currently being accepted via the Google form at this link. The closing date for applications is 5PM GMT on Tuesday 24th July 2018. Final decisions on award recipients will be communicated by July 26th.
Thanks to funding from the Embassy of France in Ireland, we will be awarding a student bursary to support student participation in iFM. This bursary will be awarded on a competitive basis. It will cover registration fees for iFM for a student studying for a PhD in France or a French National studying for a PhD abroad. Applications for the bursary are currently being accepted via the Google form at this link.The closing date for applications is 5PM GMT on Monday 13th August 2018. Final decisions on award recipients will be communicated on Wednesday 15th August.
Thanks to funding from Springer, we will be awarding two bursaries to support the participation of early stage researchers (ESRs) in iFM. These bursaries will be awarded on a competitive basis. Bursaries will cover registration fees for iFM for an ESR. For this purpose, ESRs are defined as those who are either studying for a PhD or who had their PhD for less than 8 years.
Priority will be given to applicants who are presenting their own research at iFM 2018, applicants who can provide feedback to students at the PhD Symposium at iFM on Sept 4th; applicants who are co-authors of an iFM 2018 paper presented by more senior co-authors; and applicants who are from Eastern Europe, or from low and middle income countries (as per EU regulations). Within fairness, we will apply gender balance considerations.
Applications for the bursary are currently being accepted via the Google form at this link. The closing date for applications is 5PM GMT on Monday 13th August 2018. Final decisions on award recipients will be communicated on Wednesday 15th August.
Registration for iFM, FMICS and PhD-iFM is open here. Early registration ends at 5pm GMT on July 27th 2018. Prices follow below:
Early Student Registration
Late Student Registration
FMICS (Sept 3rd and 4th)
iFM (Sept 5th-7th)
PhD-Symposium (Sept 4th)
FMICS/iFM combined (Sept 3rd- 7th)
- Our sponsoring SIG (ACM Special Interest Groups) is SIGLOG. Please do not forget to indicate your status in the form. You may join SIGLOG here.
- iFM conference registration: The iFM conference registration fee covers attendance to all sessions on all three days of the iFM conference. Lunches, coffee breaks, one iFM conference reception ticket (5th Sept) and one iFM conference dinner ticket (6th Sept) are included.
- FMICS conference registration: The FMICS conference registration fee covers attendance to all sessions on both days of the FMICS conference. Lunches, coffee breaks and two FMICS conference dinner tickets (3rd and 4th Sept) are included.
- FMICS/iFM combined registration: The FMICS/iFM registration fee covers attendance to all sessions on all five days of FMICS and iFM. Lunches, coffee breaks, one reception ticket (5th Sept) and three conference dinner tickets (3rd, 4th and 6th Sept) are included.
- PhD-Symposium registration: The Phd Symposium registration fee covers attendance to all PhD Symposium sessions, lunch and coffee breaks on Sept 4th .
- Author registration: Each (non PhD Symposium) paper must have at least one author register (which is a regular, i.e., non-student registration) with a type of registration that includes the event where the paper has been accepted. In order to register as an author the radio button "Speaker" in the registration form must be selected. The deadline for author registration is 5pm GMT on July 27th.
- Student registration: Participants must be full-time students to be registered as students, and must provide valid evidence of their full-time student status (e.g. a scan of student card) by emailing iFM2018@mu.ie. Student registration fees cover attendance to all sessions (including lunches, coffee breaks, receptions and dinners) of the selected events. See student travel bursary information above.
- Cancellations: Please contact iFM2018@mu.ie if you have to cancel your registration. Refunds will be made if cancellation requests are received before July 27th 2018. A fee will be charged for processing the cancellation, "no shows" are not refundable and are liable for the full registration fee. Instead of canceling, your registration may be transferred to a colleague by contacting iFM2018@mu.ie
VISA Invitation Letters will only be issued to registrants whose registration fee has been paid in full. Please click on Visa/Invite Letters for more information.
The open exchange of ideas and the freedom of thought and expression are central to the values and goals of FMICS and iFM. Hence, we are committed to providing a harassment-free conference experience, and all the events held at FMICS and iFM must implement the ACM policy against harassment.
Participants violating these standards may be sanctioned or expelled from the meeting, at the discretion of the conference organizers. If you believe that you or any attendee has been subjected to any conduct of the type prohibited by this Policy by another attendee, you are urged to report the relevant facts to the local organising chair or the PC chair for the relevant event, depending on which individual you feel more comfortable contacting under the circumstances.
The Springer copyright form which must be signed by authors is available here.